Re: JAWS Questions

From: <james.homme@highmark.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:23:36 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Regarding my question about the title attribute:

There is a setting that tells JAWS to use alt tag or title. My questions

For what HTML tags does JAWS handle the title attribute if at all?
For those tags that it handles the title attribute, does the screen reader
user know whether he is seeing the title attribute text, alt tag, or screen
Which version of JAWS handles this the best under IE5 and later?

James Homme, Manager, Assistive Technology, Bender Consulting Services,
Inc., (412) 787-8567.
jhomme@benderconsult.com. http://www.benderconsult.com
Competitive Jobs Mean Freedom.