Re: ie6, tabbing and website navigation design

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:02:41 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "charles McCathieNeville" <charles@w3.org>
I don't know whether to report this as a bug? or how?
In any case might WAI need to consider rewriting their pages?

graham wrote:

Hi Jonathan
I can confirm the strange behaviour on the WAI home
I would say its a bug in IE6, there may be a
workaround in terms of how the underlying code is
For example a tabindex attribute may help things

I wrote:

Using ie6 tabbing in ie6 seems very chaotic, please try:

tabbing at the wai homepage: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ it is very hard to
Tab to an anchor link, press enter, and tab again. not what one would
a similar problem is here:
I don't know whether this is an insoluble problem, however I'm finding it
very frustrating.

Anybody have any ideas, the navigation works fine in lynx for instance?
Is it a bug, or perhaps I need to adjust some setting?

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
on the web"