RE: how to use thead and tbody

From: Jamie Mackay <Jamie.Mackay@mch.govt.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:43:36 +1200
To: "Jon Hanna" <jon@spinsol.com>, "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I'm glad this came up. I have a couple of other questions:

How should I mark up an 'empty' table head element - a table were there
is no header - as is sometimes the case with the top left-hand cell?

Is it ok to include &nbsp; in empty cells?

If anyone has the time to check this page and let me know if it looks ok
(I fear I might have followed the W3C exapmle too literally) I would
really appreciate it. (BTW I know I am not allowed the border color in
the table, I'm still trying to make this work in CSS):

http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/gallery/brit-nz/immig-all-table.htm

I hope you will forgive me for asking what seem like trivial questions
at a time of such crisis and sadness for many of you.

Thanks in anticipation
Jamie Mackay