Re: Map element read by screen readers

From: Rebecca Cox <rebecca@cwa.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 09:29:04 +1200
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Gregory

I'm using Home Page Reader 3.0, which works with IE 5. I have changed
some of the defaults, but none to do with "map" as you don't get the
option. I tried your first example page
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/tests/navbar.html and got the same result as
with my test page, ie when it gets to the map element it reads "start
of map with 0 items" then reads the links, then "end of map".

Cheers

Rebecca