RE: Font sizes

From: Jamie Mackay <Jamie.Mackay@mch.govt.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:48:59 +1200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

<snip>
'I agree
with the others...use default and let the users system choose the font'
</snip>

While I am all for creating accessible websites, I hear the sound of
baby's going down the gurgler on this one.

I think the ability to use different fonts is an important aesthetic
consideration in the way I design webpages - though of course these
should always be set as font-families with the default sans-serif as an
option.

As long as fonts are defined using CSS and sizes are defined at a
reasonable size by ems or percentages I can't see any reason to discard
them for the rather bland uniformaty of default fonts for everyone.

Jamie Mackay