Re: AccessKeys and what to use

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:59:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I don't understand what you mean. As I understand it, accesskey is a
structure oriented towards navigation, that was unfortunately a bit
under-specified (tabindex is like this, and map, although the very trivial
problem with map was fixed in HTML 4.01).

cheers

Charles

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, David Woolley wrote:

  > accesskey function is triggered, and it is a sensible arrangement. Explorer
  > uses the Alt modifier, which of course is not available to DoCoMo whose
  > browser typically runs on a mobile phone. Opera uses most keys already, so

  Thinking about, the problem is really that access key is a presentational
  attribute that got left in.