RE: Site Maps and Screen Readers

From: Steven McCaffrey <SMCCAFFR@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:41:38 -0400
To: <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, <simon.white@jkd.co.uk>, <charles@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello Sime and all:

     Although the conversion link is a step in the right direction, post conversion assessment for accessibility is essential.  Instructions are easier to convert than the forms.
Try f1040.pdf  to see what I mean.  I found the resulting conversion completely incomprehensible.
     Can anyone clarify Sec 508 paragraph M of 1194.22 on this?  Is it sufficient to provide a link to a plug-in or conversion link or is an alternative accessible version on the site required?  I would hope it is the latter.

Steve

Steve McCaffrey
ITS
NYSED