Re: Proposal for 3.4 Success Criteria

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 07:40:13 -0700
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
How'd this end up on the IG list?  I mean, we're still discussing
a draft of version 2 of WCAG, right?

My intent is not to exclude anyone on IG from participating -- after
all, the WCAG archives are public -- but thought there was a specific
working group mailing list for a reason.

Among other reasons, it's very confusing for the more general audiences
of WAI-IG to be "presented" with stuff about 3.4 (when WCAG version
1's 3.4 isn't what we're talking about), especially when it is still
very much in a "rough draft" stage.

Going to IG for feedback on proposals makes sense -- but not at a
point in which the WCAG working group has yet to arrive at a
concrete proposal, and not without giving IG a solid enough intro
to the issues so that they'd be able to contribute if they hadn't
been following the working group discussion.

This is my long way of saying:  Let's use the right mailing lists,
folks.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>