New checkpoint: identifying language

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@contenu.nu>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 10:18:15 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@W3.org
>          I prefer the term natural language as opposed to human
>language. It would be absurd to have to label any changes in web
>language within a page.

The only reason why we are using an adjective in front of language is
to avoid ambiguity with computer programming languages.

A case could be made that, on Web sites, nearly everyone will
interpret "language" as "human language." We could then drop "human"
or "natural" altogether.

But is it the case that, with media other than the Web, there would
still be that kind of confusion?
--
         Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
         Accessibility articles, resources, and critiques: