Re: object vs embed + bgsound

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:37:13 +0100
To: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
DW wrote:
>I've never found a web site with background sound that works.  The sound
always starts so late as to be simply annoying.

you obviously didn't bother to visit the link
http://www.peepo.com/crap/argo2/, or even our homepage
http://www.peepo.com/.

otherwise you'd realise that our sounds load before they are accessible
using tab or mouseover.
your response is unhelpful. please consider answering the question as set,
rather than the one you would like asked.

There is a serious contradiction in expecting that valid code should use
'object' if that word remains unsupported.
it is even more peculiar when there is a recognised work around.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory