object vs embed + bgsound

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:23:37 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
is the object tag supported by very recent browsers, at least nn6 or
mozilla0.9 and ie5.5
if so could someone please post me a code snippet that plays a sound and
will be validated by http://validator.w3.org/

our beta http://www.peepo.com/crap/argo2/ passes bobby,
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html
and only fails the html validator on this, (and a few niggles)
playing a sound on mouseover or onfocus is fairly much an essential.

any other comments would be welcome, I shan't be upgrading the site until a
suitable navigation bar is in place, which will need to be tested, however
getting the 'homepage beta' passed is an essential first step.

tx

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com