Re: exposing element titles & URIs with opera (was Re: dhtmlai focus group?)

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 06:22:39 +0100
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Well Opera seems to be ahead of the game on that count.
pity one cannot have uri and title/alt on the status and tooltip, seems a
waste to duplicate....
perhaps worth a bug reprot.

more seriously I've found that opera represents images very weirdly
eg http://www.peepo.com/crap/argo2/ film is currently displaying as alt
although it is a plain gif represented fine by every other browser I've
tried. it also sometimes duplicates images, anyway behaves strangely.

Also i have an unfortunate situation that my students can only use ie5.5.
I have to fill out multiple requests to get other software installed......

thanks again for this pointer, I shall definitely use it to explain yet
again why I need a variety of applications.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory