Re: Help -ALT tags misbehave-

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:43:51 +1000
To: alaghaout@trentu.ca
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Amine,

I have looked at both of your pages in IE5, Opera5 and NS4.7 under WinNT
and can see your ALT-text.
What OS/Browser combination are you using?

Andrew
_________________________________
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager, Internet Product Development
Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210
Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/

                    alaghaout@trent
                    u.ca                   To:     w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    w3c-wai-ig-requ        Subject:     Help -ALT tags misbehave-
                    est@w3.org

                    25/07/01 01:39
                    Please respond
                    to alaghaout

Hello

I am still trying to tidy up my HTML on a web site. I have 'alt' tags
wherever required. I have an included *.shtml footer which is an image
map. The alt tags for the links in te . However, they only appear if
the page is short (even though the HTML is the same).

Check it out
A short page: http://www.trentu.ca/csd/webct/instruct/
A long page : http://www.trentu.ca/csd/webct/instruct/whatmy.shtml

Thanks,