Re: Frames & Font Sizes (was Re: 10.4 Re: Checkpoints 10.4 and 10.5)

On 05.06.01 at 07:55, David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> We're a bit leery about using GIFs on a commercial website due to the
>
>I think there is an element of paranoia here.  It's getting too far
>off topic, but there are legal ways of using GIF and other alternatives
>that are better than JPEG.

Since "off-topic" is my middle name... :-)

The point is whether or not the tool you use to encode the GIFs have a
valid UNISYS license; _not_ whether or not the web-site owner/operator
does. The main reason to avoid GIFs is philosophical or political.