Tables for layout

From: Joanne Barrett <jbarrett@mail.lesley.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:13:05 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi everyone

This is my first post so please forgive me if I am asking a 'dumb' question.

We are trying to implement a site-wide template for our university
web site.  We had originally laid out the page using tables and
server side includes.  We need to make sure our content can be
updated by self-publishers with limited web skills utilizing
Dreamweaver.

eg.

http://www.lesley.edu/public_affairs/

I was hoping that in order to improve our accessibility standards we
could migrate to CSS and use this for positioning but I am being told
that older versions of Netscape still do not support this.  I am now
worried about going this route since 75% of our campus is using
Netscape 4!  Does anyone have any suggestions, has anyone managed to
work through this problem?

Thanks
Jo