From: "William C. Deas" <deas@mindspring.com>
To: <jfw-employment@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 1:57 PM
Subject: [jfw-employment] forms accessible

Any responses I receive will be forwarded to my friend.  Please feel
free to
corospond with Dave directly.  If the email doesn't have his address
contact
him at crocket@clemson.edu  Thanks.

Hi.

I am working with a friend of mine to improve visually-impaired
accessibility of WWW pages under my domain and he suggested that I
submit this question to you.  He's using JAWS as his reader and a
member of this support group.  I am copying to him on this query.

My question deals with JAWS' ability to read forms.  He's able to
successfully navigate a javascript-based form on another homepage
(see http://www.wistv.com/Global/Category.asp?c=2470 for a link to
form he can use) but unable to deal with a straight html-based form
on my server (see
http://chemistry.clemson.edu/chemdocs/apps/domesticapp.html for one
of mine).  Is there any special encoding I should be aware of to make
MY page readable to him, or is JAWS limited to javascript?

He will forward replies to me or I would be glad to hear directly.

Thanks.

-Dave
--

David J. Crockett (a.k.a. 'The Computer Guy')
"Apples and Gateways and Dells, oh my..."

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r_1oCB/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/CxaWlB/TM