Amusing (but very annoying) accessibility error

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spinsol.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:41:57 -0000
To: <open@webnet.ie>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, <ie-web-accessibility@netsoc.tcd.ie>

Not about web-accessibility, but something that shows how a lack of
foresight, or a lack of concern about accessibility can really damage
the quality of what you present.

Today a power-cut took down my workstation and when it rebooted some
files had been damaged causing the mouse to no longer work.

I'm not a big mouse user, they're slow and bad for your health, but I
wanted to fix this, so I was trying a few things.

On attempting to install a mouse driver, I was presented with a
dialog that had no purpose other than to install a mouse driver.

The dialog didn't work without a mouse!

It made me vow to look at my short-cuts and tab-order more carefully
from now on :)