[w3c-wai-ig] side menu and screen readers

From: Bernard Silva <BernardSilva@privacy.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:50:15 +1100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi all,

A regular screen reader user of our web site has said to us that the use of
a side bar navigation system on sites is a pet hate for him.  His problem is
that his reader has to plough through all the side bar information before
getting to the content on the page.

We are in the process of re-developing our site and I'd be very interested
in comments on this issue.

Regards
Bernard Silva
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
www.privacy.go.au