Re: Any examples of <NOSCRIPT>?

From: Tina Marie Holmboe <tina@elfi.elfi.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:31:53 +0100
To: Jim Thatcher <thatch@attglobal.net>, "W3c-Wai-Ig@W3. Org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 02:01:27PM -0600, Jim Thatcher wrote:

> Does anyone know of a real life effective use of the NOSCRIPT element?

  Yes - thought it is embarassing to say they've removed it since my last
  visit. You might have to trust me on my word >:)

  Ericsson used to have a nice 'drop-down' menu on their pages, with which
  you could choose a particular area on which to get more information. It
  was implemented as a SELECT, and a small javascript was used to send the
  user to the desired place.

  A NOSCRIPT element was also included, containing a simple

   <input type="submit" value="go!">

  The page worked beautifully JS and non JS browsers, as far as I could
  tell. With the inclusion of the SUBMIT type, the structure would also have
  been preserved for any UA which know how to deal with forms.

  'Effective' - atleast in my book. I am sad to see that they've removed it;
  and ever sadder to see that they have completely misunderstood the meaning
  of ALT.

--
 - Tina Holmboe [tina@elfi.org] [tina@htmlhelp.org]