Plural acronyms

From: K Roberts <magicpen@lycos.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:48:14 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
My apologies for the cross-posting.

Can anyone fill me in on the standard for
coding an acronym title for plural acronym forms?

Our example is the term PC which we often need
to code as both singular and plural in the same page.

When it needs to be referred to in the plural as PCs,
will the description in the title be "Personal Computers? Or are we
more correct to use "Personal Computer" for all places
where "PC" occurs, and for the plurals leave the s
outside the second angle bracket on the tag?

Thands very much.

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html