RE: Section 508 Question on Javascript - Section 1194.22, Paragraph (l)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:50:49 -0800
To: jim@jimthatcher.com, "1 W3C-WAI Web Content Access. Guidelines List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, Katie Haritos-Shea <kshea@apollo.fedworld.gov>
Cc: "W3c-Wai-Ig@W3. Org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 05:21 PM 2/13/2001, Jim Thatcher wrote:
>I don't think folks in glass houses should throw stones. I have been asking
>about the content of WCAG checkpoints whose wording has been baffling to me,
>ones that appear verbatim in the 508 standards.

I think the WCAG 1.0 document is confusing and poorly worded too, if
that helps put my comments in perspective.  I dislike _any_ confusing
verbiage, whether or not it's generated by "us", "them", or someone
else.

>As far as the quality of the minds working on 508 and WAI efforts - hey -
>high quality all around. Kynn, I so often agree with you, but on the recent
>statements you have made in this thread, I think you are WAY out of line.

I haven't said that there is lack of quality in the people who created
508 -- those were Katie's words.  If you don't like that implication,
please speak to her about being "WAY out of line."

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison