Re: [media] Making Sites Accessible Makes Sense For All Customers

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:54:34 -0500
To: Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>, WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> Browsers like lynx represent a core functionality that
> should be the gold standard for accessibility simply because they
> are free and open-source.

If or when lynx supports standard open JavaScript then it should be
considered.  When did "free and open-source" become a criteria for
accessibility?  JavaScript, and it's international standard ECMAScript,
was invented to solve some real problems.  Why can't lynx "get with it" and
support JavaScript?  This reminds me of the days when people were ranting
and raving about GUIs being in-accessible.

Regards,
Phill