Re: Examples of screen reader processing

Hi Jimmie,

I'm glad those example were useful for you.

I don't understand though why they make you think that you shouldn't use
nested tables.

Also, I hope people don't think I was saying to avoid tables altogether...
just that you need to be aware of reading order when you use them.

At least, that's what you need to get to double A compliance.  To reach
triple A compliance, you need to either avoid layout tables altogether, or
have a linearized alternative, e.g. on a separate page,  per Guideline 10.3.
The URL is http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-interim-accessibility

Len

--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/