RE: cio discusses accessibility

<sorry!>  the link has changed and the file I downloaded did not save all
the text.  Will ask for it.  Their archive simply point you to a bio <not
logical>.

If anyone outside is intereted here is some pertinent information at the
bottom of the current page on 508 and the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act (JWOD).
Mr. Dennet states,
"I guess I'd like to put in a plug for a program called the
Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act. It's called JWOD. That's a program where the
federal government acquires goods and services from people that are disabled
and blind. E-procurement at first, really shook that special interest group
up that has statutory support for the government to buy from it. Because
they were using the old GSA warehouses. But they now have a web site,
JWOD.com ( www.jwod.com ) , and they're getting all their products and
services online and allowing the government to have access to it through
e-procurement. I think all of our programs, as they adopt and hook up, will
find that e-procurement is the way of the future, and it will help them.
There is a 75% unemployment rate amongst blind and disabled people. The use
of e-procurement to place orders with JWOD.com will not only give us good
products and services rapidly through e-procurement, but allow us to support
these very worthy social programs at the same time.