Re: A question of titles

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:01:02 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> If each frame page has a (good, informative) title element, but there is no
> name attribute or title attribute on the frame elements within the frameset
> element, do you think that satisfies 12.1?

No.  Unfortunately my copy of Lynx won't use titles, so you also need to
gives frames sensible names (left, middle and right are not helpful), but
in principle, titles allow a frames aware, but non-frames browser to
construct a sensible menu of the frames, and may be easier for authors
than using <noframes> properly.