Re: Can the W3C HML validaor send email when the page becomes invalid (was Re: WWW: Interoperability Crisis?)

Hmm. I think the sticking block here will be the load on the validator
service at W3C. It is currently one of the highest hit points on our site,
and there probably isn't the capacity to add periodic rechecking of things.
But there is no reason why someone else doesn't offer this service, even
using the validator (it is open source and there is a download available).

It's a useful feature of authoring tools - it is probably better to have
something like asWedit, XMLSpy or HomeSite have a local validator so that as
you author you know things are staying valid, or to use something like iCab
as your browser for preview - it has a little icon that tells you whether a
page is valid or not, and a warning feature that can tell you how...

Or you could use something like Amaya, which makes it very hard work to make
anything invalid...

Cheers

Charles McCN