Standard Keyboard Controls?

From: Kristi R Schueler/NONFS/USDAFS <kschueler@fs.fed.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:17:14 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I was wondering if there are standard keyboard shortcuts to include in web
pages? For example is there a standard shortcut to include for go back to
the home page or going to a search page or for actions that are commonly
found and used on web pages? I am not familiar enough with shortcuts or
macros that may exist with the various adaptive software used by many and
would not want to generate a keyboard shortcut that would interfere with
the operation of a screen reader or similar TSR program being used by the
disabled.

Kristi Schueler
USFS - WOD,  FC AQM Systems
Web Developer (contractor)