Re: Keyboard Alternatives and Vision Solutions

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:18:21 -0500
To: "'Terry Hammon'" <terry@keyalt.com>
Cc: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear Terry,
You are to be commended for addressing the accessibility issues with your
site.  It is quite discouraging how many assistive technology oriented
businesses don't bother to ensure that there web catalogs are usable by
people who are blind or have other significant disabilities.
Bobby is good tool, but there are a couple of others I like much better.
(1)  W3C HTML Validation Service -- http://validator.w3.org/
(2)  The Wave  -- http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/
If you ask, folks on this list are often generous enough with their time to
point out exact code fragment problems -- or even re-code whole pages for
you.  Is that the level of detail you are looking for?
Best Wishes!
Bruce Bailey
P.S.  Did you ever do any work with the Oklahoma Assistive Technology
Center?  (Please answer off list on this question!)