Re: Fw: Disturbing trend in tables

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:39:54 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> easy (at least for an automated tool).  Happily, there is a very high
> correlation between accessibility and validity (at least with HTML 4 and
> latter), so I would gladly settle for that.

Unfortunately, I think the correlation is because people who care about
validity tend to care about accessibility.  Whilst it will make it
easier to write non-visual automated tools and may just make the
developer's marketing people think about the real nature of HTML, I
don't think that machine generated valid HTML will correlate as strongly
as valid HTML generated because the user knows how to do it.