RE: Simplicity of Authoring and Accessibility Tools

I also agree that we need a good tool. For my pusrposes, I use Amaya as a
WYSIWYG tool. It doesn't do everything, but it does the things I need. Which
is my compromise. (In particular, it suffers from being somewhat inaccessible
to a number of users. On the other hand it has an interface that makes it
fairly easy to create reasonably structured content, although it is not the
same interface as many common editors. I guess I should confess that I
actually don't find those editors intuitive either - I have to learn every
single piece of software I want to use).

There was a thread a while ago on editors that people like using. I thought
it was very valuable to see what people liked and why, and what the
limitations were.

cheers

Charles McCN

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 1:48 AM -0800 1/19/01, Charles F. Munat wrote:
  >As for teaching HTML, I've been teaching for the better part of 20 years and
  >I've yet to meet anyone who was incapable of learning. Different people may
  >need different pedagogical techniques, and may learn at different rates, but
  >anyone who's capable of operating FrontPage is certainly capable of learning
  >enough HTML to code a web page. Whether they want to is another question.
  >For those who don't, I hope we get a decent WYSIWYG tool soon.

  We are in definite agreement that we need a good WYSIWYG tool.  I
  don't think there are any at the moment, sadly, so compromises are
  often necessary.

  --Kynn

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France