Re: media: aaa from a f b?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 07:20:51 -0800
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>, "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I think this is a good accomplishment from the AFB and I applaud
their commitment to this issue.

It would be very easy for those of us on this list to play the
game of "oh, YEAH, is it REALLY triple-A?" and go poking around
the site looking for technicalities (instead of access barriers).

I suggest that while this is admittedly a fun thing to do, in
general we should refrain from such activities as it basically
amounts to attacking anyone who attempts to do something right --
aiming for triple-A compliance -- and attacking your own allies
for not being _perfect_, when the rest of the world isn't even
_trying_, is not the smartest way to see our dream of an
accessible web come true.

Sadly, I've seen it happen too many times here.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/