Re: Disturbing trend in tables

From: Davey Leslie <davey@inx-jp.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:04:43 +0900
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce_Bailey@ed.gov>, "'Ben Canning'" <bencan@microsoft.com>
CC: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Anne,

Just for the record, title of books and other separately published literary
works are customarily set in italics not underlined. Italics are also
standard for magazines, newspapers, movies, ballets, operas, musicals, and
works of art. My guess is that the use of underline in place of italics is a
holdover from typewriter technology.

Regards,
Davey Leslie

Thus spake Anne Pemberton on 01.1.17 8:00 AM at apembert@crosslink.net: