From: Tina Marie Holmboe [mailto:tina@elfi.elfi.org]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 8:08 AM
To: jim@jimthatcher.com; David Woolley; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Fw: Disturbing trend in tables

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 06:57:22PM -0600, Jim Thatcher wrote:

> The request was for "specific" examples. I would like to see those too.

  I've actually manage to get my boss to give me a FP 2000 to play with,
 so lets see what we can find.

   * Test #1. Write a little bit of text, and click the 'increase indent'
     button twice.

     Folks, BLOCKQUOTE still does not produce 'indentation', even if some
     notious UAs do. It *might* - in a smart screen-reader - produce
something
     aking to " bla, bla, bla, and I quote <insert content of blockquote> ";
     which would be *ehem* so cool. No, it isn't incorrect HTML, but it sure
     isn't a good practice.

   * Test #2. Lets press CR a few times.

     Ehm. Well. Um. Why ?

  ... and it sets the default charset of new documents to windows-1252. Why
  not iso-8859-1 or unicode ?

  Ok, so far I've not found any *HTML errors*, but some of these things may
  just present accessibility difficulties IMHO.

--
 - Tina