Re: Indicating Compliance

From: ADAM GUASCH-MELENDEZ <ADAM.GUASCH@EEOC.GOV>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:54:38 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I don't think anyone has thought about it. It's not a goal you're supposed to try for, it's a legal requirement. Six months after the date of publication of the standards, you MUST meet them. A .gov domain name should be all the indication anyone needs that you've met the standards.

>>> "Fitzgerald, Jimmie" <Jimmie.Fitzgerald@jbosc.ksc.nasa.gov> 01/12/01 02:49PM >>>
Hi all,

	If coding to the W3C levels of 'A', 'Double A', and 'Triple A', they
have kindly provided a method of indicating this compliance.  Not so with
the 508 standards.  Has anyone heard how we are supposed to indicate that a
page or site is 508 compliant?

Jim Fitzgerald - Logicon Federal Data, A Subcontractor of SGS