Re: QUESTION: use of javascript to comply with Sect 508

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:17:48 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Phill Jenkins" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
but untill?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phill Jenkins" <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: January 05, 2001 5:24 AM
Subject: Re: QUESTION: use of javascript to comply with Sect 508

David wrote:
> what happens here though when you use something like lynx or ibm
home
> page reader or pwwebspeak?
> In lynx for instance, java[script] is ignored and if there is no
other
> way to access or manipulate the content, we fail to access.

IBM Home Page Reader version 3.0 now supports JavaScript very nicely.

Perhaps lynx and others need to add support for JavaScript since it
can be
accessible.  All the burden can't be placed on the web designers and
developers.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
http://www.ibm.com/able