Re: automatic redirection to flash page

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:08:13 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> Of course, if the blind person is technologically-savvy, he or she can
> disable JavaScript and other extras, but your "average" blind user may not
> be able to do this.

You don't have to install Flash support in the first place; I don't have
it on my IE 5.

This is something of a user agent issue, as the protocols provide for
signalling formats that the user can support, but browser developers are
more interested in providing a standard platform for authors, which
conflicts with the user centred model that underlies the web, but
aligns well with their commercial interests (they don't make much money
from users).