Re: QUESTION: delivering compliant data tables on the fly

From: Steven McCaffrey <SMCCAFFR@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:36:03 -0400
To: <michele_duell@Teamsignal.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Michele:

     I may be way off but I think webDB has XML capabilities that allows both storage and retrieval of database records as XML.  Then you could use
XSLT to transform into accessible HTML.  (Not that I've done this! - I've just read some articles on Oracles technet site.  It's just a first shot idea.)
It might not even be WebDB but some related Oracle web development package I'm thinking of.

Steve
ITS
NYSED
>>> <michele_duell@Teamsignal.com> 06/25/01 03:22PM >>>
Hi Everyone,

My problem: Using WebDB to generate reports from an Oracle backend. We can
customize the HTML with templates, but WebDB writes it's own HTML (within
our templates, if you think Front Page code is bad you should get a look at
this...)  No way that we can find to write table headers, etc, let alone
compliant HTML.

Anyone with a solution? What are you using to write dynamic reports that
*is* compliant?

Thanks,

Michele Duell
michele_duell@teamsignal.com