RE: What would a screen reader make of this?

From: Jim Tobias <tobias@inclusive.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:39:14 -0400
To: "Marjolein Katsma" <access@javawoman.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi All,

Marjolein's queston reminds me of a good idea a corporate
type once asked me.  Why isn't there a real-time screen reader
emulator site?  That is, a site like Bobby wherein one could
enter a URI and hear how it would sound through one or more screen
readers with typical settings.  The learning curve of screen
readers is holding back accessible web design.

Jim Tobias