Re: Clarification sought on checkpoint 10.1

From: Knobel, Cory <cknobel@Optavia.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:26:57 -0500
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Good point on including explanitory alt text on the blue arrows. We actually
do provide alt text that reads "Jump down." For en example, see
http://www.optavia.com/hfweb/faq.htm.

The statement was made that users of Domino may experience confusion since a
blue arrow in that program has functionality. While this may be true, I
would argue that it is impossible to take into account the conventions of
every other web and software application's icon system and functionality
when designing. Charging designers with this kind of responsibility in such
an unstandardized web world would be paralyzing.

For the list of how Optavia uses the other icons, we do provide an
explanation of these on our site at http://www.optavia.com/sitemap.com,
under the section entitled "Conventions."

Cory

Cory Knobel
Optavia Corporation