Re: Label-for inadequate (was RE: 10.4 Re: Checkpoints 10.4 and 10.5

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:25:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
But I haven't found anything that says the converse is true.

That is, each label has to point to a single field (and there is some
behaviour defined that means this makes sense). But it does not say how many
labels can each point to the same field, and there is no intrinsic reason why
this shouldn't work, except that it makes the tabindex messy. As noted, using
table headers may be called for in that situatiion.

Cheers

Charles McCN