Steve McCaffrey
Information Technology Services
NYSED
>>> "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com> 05/31/01 07:49AM >>>
it is still an issue although many have solved it.  even though you have
to rub the text out, it is best to have something telling you where to
write because some renderings still confuse labels with edit boxes.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
To: "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 9:31 PM
Subject: 10.4 Re: Checkpoints 10.4 and 10.5

Hi Graham,

the rationale for this one was that there were assistive technology and
browser combinations that would skip over empty form controls. I am not
certain, but I believe that this is no longer an issue. I will ask the
Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines group to address this question as fast
as
possible.

cheers

Charles McCN