Re: Clarification sought on checkpoint 10.1

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 03:14:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On Thu, 31 May 2001, David Woolley wrote:

  Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > You can use CSS2 to include the icon you are used to, except you need a
  > browser that supports it (I think Opera does, but don't know how far), using

  Mozilla does.

Cool. I downloaded Opera to check.

  > On Wed, 30 May 2001, Charles F. Munat wrote:
  >
  >   Frankly, I think these icons are a nice idea. It would be better if they
  >   were fairly standardized across sites, however, to avoid having to learn new

  This is a job for browsers and user provided style sheets.  Left to authors
  there will be no standardisation.

Well, the idea is that users will be able to specify the kind of icons they
like (or other presentation - at the moment I use an overline style most of
the time).

cheers

Chaals