Re: Checkpoints 10.4 and 10.5

From: Paul Bohman <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:42:32 -0600
To: "Graham Oliver" <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Graham Oliver wrote:
> I was using HPR 3.0 and it was reading out a group of
> links separated by the pipe character '|' and every
> time it got to this character it said 'baaa', this was
> very offputting.

Paul's comments:
Well, it wasn't really saying baaa, it was saying bar (B A R), but I guess
it could still get annoying.

Personally, I like the bar separator. Without it, it's sometimes hard to
tell where one link ends and the other begins, when listening to the words
in succession.

Paul Bohman
Technology Coordinator
WebAIM: Web Accessibility in Mind (www.webaim.org)