Re: Clarification sought on checkpoint 10.1

you can put a generic message on top if you have a  lot of links that will
basically tell the user that
the links will open a separate pop-up windows or one on top of the other.

note, the trick here is whether you open a new window on top of the current
window or a pop-up where you control the size, placement and commands. in
any case, let the user know.

you can also put a link next to the web site description that says <pop-up>.

another case would be to post a message that you are leaving the site or use
a message that says <you are exiting this site> some people have disclaimers
attached.

also when i read, "do not change the current window without informing the
user", i take this to mean they are talking about the current site going
someplace else.  so an internal link changes the current window and the
external link will change the window - so this is ok.  trick is if new
windows are opened or if the new browser window is opened on top of the
current.

comments?