Re: Accessibility Stats

Hello,

Very interesting.  Google finds about 5000 pages total (2500 A, 1200 AA,
1300 AA).  These are not unique sites, but pages on sites.  W3C turns up a
lot. <grin/>

Next it would be interesting to run a bot version of Bobby, or the W3C
validators, or tidy or <x-other-tool> through all pages on the Web.  It
would evaluate them for the most common errors (lack of alt-text, use of
server-side image maps, javascript, etc. etc.).  Al suggested this a couple
years ago, but I don't think anyone has done it.

On the other hand, I wonder how many sites are accessible but have not made
a conformance claim.

Good stuff Karl! Thanks,
--wendy