Web-based learning and learning disabilities

From: Alan Cantor <acantor@interlog.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:53:43 -0400
To: "EASI" <easi@maelstrom.stjohns.edu>, "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Dean Brusnighan" <dabrus@purdue.edu>, "Alan Cantor" <acantor@interlog.com>, "Allen H. Hoffman" <ahoffman@WPI.EDU>, "Barbara S. Levy" <Levybs@aol.com>, "Caren Sax" <csax@mail.sdsu.edu>, "Christine L. Appert" <cla8j@virginia.edu>, "Dbarnes@Humboldt. K12. Ca. Us" <dbarnes@humboldt.k12.ca.us>, "Elizabeth A. Lahm" <ealahm1@pop.uky.edu>, "Guy & Renee Cortise" <gcortise@adnc.com>, "IrisPress@aol. com" <IrisPress@aol.com>, "Janice Weber" <Jweber@Oldham.k12.ky.us>, "KBarnes" <kbarnes@endicott.edu>, "Kezaki" <kezaki@lausd.k12.ca.us>, "Kirk Behnke" <kirk.behnke@worldnet.att.net>, "Marilyn Hammond" <mhammond@cc.usu.edu>, "Mary Binion" <mary_binion@coserrc.esu.k12.oh.us>, "Patrick Burke" <burke@ucla.edu>, "TJSqueak@aol. com" <TJSqueak@aol.com>, "Todd Schwanke" <SCHWANKE@sahp.uwm.edu>
Cc: <kt336490@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
Hello colleagues,

Can anyone offer assistance to Kwesi, a doctoral student in Ohio, who is
interested in learning disabilities and web-based learning? His message
follows.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor + Associates Inc.
Workplace Accommodation Consultants
acantor@interlog.com
www.interlog.com/~acantor

From: Kwesi [mailto:kt336490@oak.cats.ohiou.edu]

Dear Dr. Cantor,
My name is Kwesi and a doctoral student at Ohio University.  I am
presently doing a research on Web-based learning and students with
learning disabilities.  I am basically trying to find out the strategies
these students use in this learning environment as well as the
limitations they face.  I intend to interview professors who teach these
students to find out whta types of accommodations they make for these
students.  In addition I will be talking to web course designers to see
what types of accommodations they make for these students in this
environment.  My advisor Dr.  Sandra Turner met a professor at a
conference and told her about my research and she suggested I contact
you because you may be able to help.  I was wondering if you could post
my request on a listserv or to your students so that anyone who feels
they meet my criteria and are willing to participate can get back to me
for further details.