RE: Web Accessibility for Cognitive Users

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 18:10:52 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
David Woolley wrote:

>> http://www.usmint.gov/faqs/circulating_coins/index.cfm?action=coins
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This, by forcing static pages to be treated as dynamic is simply
> a waste of web resources.

My guess is that the developer is using Fusebox, a methodology for applying
object-oriented techniques to Cold Fusion sites (sort of). It allows parts
of the site to be developed as modules and just plugged in here or there.
Not bad for code reuse either.

I think that there are often benefits to building "static" pages
dynamically. I'm not sure that I agree that it is a "waste" of web
resources, though it can be overkill.

Charles F. Munat
Seattle, Washington