Script Tag - Advice Sought

From: Graham Oliver <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 23:18:45 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Under default behaviour Domino renders the opening tag
for any Javascript as follows

This is not HTML 4.01 compliant (Strict or
Transiational) because of the missing type attribute.

Will this missing attribute impact user-agent

Note that I would also like to ask Lotus/IBM to change
the way this is rendered, what would be preferred

SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"

SCRIPT type="text/javascript"

Something else

bearing in mind that I am aiming for '4.01
Transitional' compliance because there are far too
many other issues with other Domino rendered HTML to
go for Strict.

Graham Oliver

'Making on-line information accessible'
Mobile Phone : 025-919-724