Re: need a new tag

In fact, the standardised way, as specified in HTML 4, is to use typed links
- <a href="something" rel="glossary">Technical term</a>

Cheers

Charles McCN

(Note that we get this right in some WAI specs, and in others we used a style
too. Nobody's perfect...)

On Thu, 10 May 2001, David Woolley wrote:

  > I've just realised the answer: my stylesheet now includes a class
  > called Glossary and I just use span class="glossary"  in the HTML.
  > (sigh)

  That's generally the preferred, non-XML, way of extending HTML.

  However, what you describe appears to be one the most classic uses
  of hypertext, so I'd have to argue that the most standard way of
  providing this function is with <a href..> elements.