Re: Is Bandwidth Still a Limit?

From: Marjolein Katsma <access@javawoman.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 00:25:00 +0200
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
If you live in NYC (for instance) you may find bandwidth is no longer an issue.

If you live in Ulaan Baator (for instance) you may find bandwidth is a big issue.

The "world wide" web still isn't. Many people don't even have access to a phone.

At 22:52 2001-05-10 +0100, David Woolley wrote:
>A number of people on this list claim that bandwidth is no longer
>an issue on the internet (a point with which I disagree).  However
>I notice that the W3C site has abandoned language negotiation and is
>now generating cacheable pages.  It used to be very sluggish.  I'd
>suggest that they have found that bandwidth is still an issue!

Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/
Bookstore for Webmasters - http://hshelp.com/bookstore/bookstore.html